Pages


Saturday, September 06, 2008

Blog-awards!

Avid blogger—it’s a term people use often to describe themselves. I am, perhaps, an avid reader; a lazy, but not very infrequent, writer; a pathetic blogger—my blog is updated once a month and I read the same few blogs over and over again. So, when I got an award (for which I sincerely thank Annappa), and was asked to name my seven favourites, I was, at first, a little afraid that seven was a little too much... And yet, surprisingly and after a whole of week of racking my brains, I came up with seven names: five alive, one dead and one gone.
1. Swaroop: The first place I go to when I go online, the sheer breadth of the writing more than anything else (more than the brilliant wit, the fantastically innovative style of writing) leaves me wondering whether the rasam he’s making for himself nowadays has something more to it than just the standard ingredients ...

2. Prabhakka: There’s SO MUCH happening there. And so much fun too ...
3. Soumithri : Some of the science fiction is mind-blogging. Some of the random theories are very interesting.
4. Sita: I like the blog, and I visit it almost as often as I visit Swaroop’s. I cant quite put my finger on why I like it so much though ...
5. Anil: More than what he writes, its how he writes what he does thats extra-ordinary. And that's taking nothing away from what he writes, just emphasises how well he writes ...
6. Raikamal: Sublime. It’s a little sad that there’s not been a post since June last year.
7. Anand Anna: It was actually the best blog I’ve ever visited (perhaps Swaroop’s blog now is very very stiff competition). And it’s gone.
So, that’s my list.
(the un-linked blogs are already on the 'links' section on the blog)
Oh, and before I forget-- the fine prinit:
1. Award seven other people. (This way, there will be no unawarded blog left in the world!)
2. Write a post about this award, and link to our blog in that post. (The second half is optional.)
3. Be eternally grateful to us for the award. (This is compulsory.)
4. Tell their awardees that they've won awards. (This is just common-sense.)

5 comments:

aandthirtyeights said...

Ah. Thank you for the award!

Idyll Mind said...

thank you. :)

Idyll Mind said...

chinna mutual admiration happening with these blog awards im guessing? :)

Sharan said...

@swaroop: you're welcome ...
@prabhakka: periya mutual admiration happening :)

Sita said...

thankee!
i'll tell you why you like my blog, because it's mad and dark and absolutely addictive.
atleast, that's why i like it :P